Sunday, January 31, 2016

Emotional Eating

     Emotional eating has always been an issue for me.  No matter what the emotion my first thought is to turn to food.  They say eating can be a way of suppressing your emotions.  That may be true for awhile but once I'm done the emotions come flooding back.  The guilt and regret I feel only makes it worse.  Its an endless cycle of emotional abuse that I put myself through.  So I've come up with a list of things to do instead of eating. 

1.  Listen to music

2.  Watch a movie
3.  Play a game
4.  Cook something healthy
5.  Exercise
6.  Play with a pet
7.  Soak in a bubble bath
8.  Call or text a friend
9.  Browse the web
10.Clean the house
11.Read a book
12.Go to the park
13.Paint your nails
14.Color in an adult coloring book
15.Take dog for a walk
16.Go shopping
17.Have manicure, facial, pedicure done
18.Find a good cause to volunteer for
19.Play with kids
20.Visit a friend

     I'm doing pretty good so far at redirecting my feelings and thoughts to avoid turning to food.   I welcome any suggestions of activities I could include on this list. 

3 comments: